Hi Doc, i m experiencing sudden and rampant hairfall and

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 3 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doc,

i'm experiencing sudden and rampant hairfall and my hair is falling by the minute. i already had a receding hairline front the temple but it was not rampant and in a very controlled manner but this hairfall is excessive and hair thinning is beyond anything i've ever seen.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding hair fall

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You seem to have Androgenetic Alopecia. It is characterized by thinning, hair fall and receding anterior hair line. I suggest you to continue with Minoxidil 5% solution, 1ml, twice daily. In addition I suggest you to take oral Finasteride 1mg tablet (Finax) every night. You may use Sebamed Anti hair fall shampoo daily.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng