Hi Doc, i m a male aged 25. Recently i

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doc, i m a male aged 25. Recently i have this itching between the inner thighs around the fold and the pubic area,however, it is intermittent. There is no itching upto 8 hrs after i take bath but it starts suddenly. The skin becomes dry and lightly reddish. Also, when I scratch due to the itching, i feel something powdery peeling off, may be the skin. I don't see anything apart from this. No marks, no rashes nothing. Please suggest me further in this regard and medication or ointment if any.
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oral and topical antifungals

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have a fungal infection - Tinea Cruris. Dryness, flaking, redness in groin folds is suggestive of that.
I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1 %cream, twice daily for 2 weeks.
In addition to this you may take an oral antifungal e.g tab fluconazole 100 mg once daily for 2 weeks.