Hi Doc, I was wondering about the dangerous of getting
Tattoo dyes carry a risk of allergic reaction
I understand your concern. Getting a tattoo always carries certain risks that you need to be careful of. Skin infections due to improper sterilization and not using gloves are not uncommon. Skin bumps, bleeding, the risk of blood-borne infection transmission are all potential risks, which can be avoided by getting the tattoos done by a responsible professional at a place where safety is a primary concern.
In your case, a risk to consider is a possible allergy to dyes used, especially the green, red, blue and yellow dyes, which may cause an itchy rash at the tattooed place, even years after getting the tattoo.
Another little-known downside of tattoos is side effects when getting an MRI. During MRI exams, the permanent dyes may cause redness, swelling and burning on the tattooed area.
These are all possible side effects to consider before deciding to get another tattoo. The decision is ultimately up to you.
I hope this answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weight gain while on Ontrintellix?
- Suggest treatment for loss of vision and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for metastatic melanoma
- What causes joint pain while on Requip?
- What causes redness and painful swelling in the eyes?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist
- Does long term use of steroids affect a person's immune system?
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps and shortness of breath
- What do my creatine levels in blood indicate?