Hi Doc, I have been running for a while on
I have been running for a while on and off and I have pain on my right foot going anywhere from my big toe to the inner part of the foot. I think it might be Planter Fasciitis if I have done my research correctly as I do have the symptoms. No matter how long I rest it hurts and I run in extreme pain. Mainly the inner part of the foot. Suggestions?Thanks
Probably Plantar Fasciitis,follow the advice below.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
I agree that it can Plantar Fasciitis.
I recommend using anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
If the pain continues steroid shots may be used to relieve the pain.
I also recommend to use night splints which stretch the Plantar facia overnight.
Stretching exercises and physical therapy are very important in relieving the symptoms.
I also suggest using supportive orthopaedic shoes which does not trigger the symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?