Hi Doc, I have been running for a while on

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi Doc,

I have been running for a while on and off and I have pain on my right foot going anywhere from my big toe to the inner part of the foot. I think it might be Planter Fasciitis if I have done my research correctly as I do have the symptoms. No matter how long I rest it hurts and I run in extreme pain. Mainly the inner part of the foot. Suggestions?Thanks
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably Plantar Fasciitis,follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your concern.

I agree that it can Plantar Fasciitis.

I recommend using anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.

If the pain continues steroid shots may be used to relieve the pain.

I also recommend to use night splints which stretch the Plantar facia overnight.

Stretching exercises and physical therapy are very important in relieving the symptoms.

I also suggest using supportive orthopaedic shoes which does not trigger the symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng