Hi Dear Doctors I was initially diagnosed with AVN of
I was initially diagnosed with AVN of the hip in 2006, but later was told that it was Transient Osteoporosis. Treatment was calcium and a dose of Zoledronic acid with vitamins. Past 6 years have been without any treatment and have cut down my weight from 87 to 76kgs. Stopped smoking for the past 13 years and have been drinking socially. However for the past couple of years have been chewing Nicotex gum. In 2017, i was diagnosed with plantar fascitis, and have not recovered. I still suffer from Hip Pain and heel Pain. Please advise. My ferritin level is around 310. Some friends are advising me for stem cell treatment too. Thanks in advance
Treatment depends on severity of problem.
Thanks for posting your query.
The hip pain that you have can be related to osteoarthritis but the treatment depends on the severity of problem. You need to get an MRI scan done for proper diagnosis so that appropriate treatment can be started.
The pain in the heels is mostly due to plantar fasciitis and usually gets relieved with mild pain killers and a regular massage. Physiotherapy is also helpful in such cases.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can spinal stenosis cause joints pain and swollen ankle, thighs and knees?
- Having lower back pain with tickling and pulsating sensation. What could...
- MRI of knee showed occult displaced fracture. What is it and what is the...
- What is the cause and treatment for painful knee with walking difficulty?
- Having ump into superclavical. What could the long tube feeling be?
- MRI findings show posterior disc bulges at L5-S1 and L4-5 levels....
- MRI scan shows Lumbar spondylosis. Suggest
- What causes pain in left groin and lower back and how can it be treated?
- Had MRI scan of right ankle and prescribed with zyloric for reduction of...
- What would be the cause of sudden neck pain on one side?