question-icon

Hi Dear Doctors I was initially diagnosed with AVN of

Posted on Mon, 11 Mar 2019
Question: Hi

Dear Doctors

I was initially diagnosed with AVN of the hip in 2006, but later was told that it was Transient Osteoporosis. Treatment was calcium and a dose of Zoledronic acid with vitamins. Past 6 years have been without any treatment and have cut down my weight from 87 to 76kgs. Stopped smoking for the past 13 years and have been drinking socially. However for the past couple of years have been chewing Nicotex gum. In 2017, i was diagnosed with plantar fascitis, and have not recovered. I still suffer from Hip Pain and heel Pain. Please advise. My ferritin level is around 310. Some friends are advising me for stem cell treatment too. Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Treatment depends on severity of problem.

Detailed Answer:
The hip pain that you have can be related to osteoarthritis but the treatment depends on the severity of problem. You need to get an MRI scan done for proper diagnosis so that appropriate treatment can be started.
The pain in the heels is mostly due to plantar fasciitis and usually gets relieved with mild pain killers and a regular massage. Physiotherapy is also helpful in such cases.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon