Hi, Attached my kids complete blood report. He is suffering

Pediatrician
Question

Attached my kids complete blood report. He is suffering from fever (103 Celcius). Can you analyse it? Is it something serious (like leukaemia)? Or just infection?
Thanks!
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly just an infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Possibly it is just a bacterial infection, as evident from the raised neutrophil count. I would not be worried about leukaemia from this report alone. It is unlikely to be serious if treated properly with suitable antibiotics.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Hi, Attached my kids complete blood report. He is suffering 16 hours later
Thanks.

Fever is down now, but he is sleepy and drowsy now. Is it due to the prescribed medication? Please review them.

Attaching them.

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide me with the list of medicines the child is being given.

Detailed Answer:
The sleepiness or drowsiness is not a good sign. It is unlikely to be due to the medicines unless antiallergics like cetirizine have been prescribed. Could you please provide me with the list of medicines that are being given. I will let you know accordingly.

Follow-up: Hi, Attached my kids complete blood report. He is suffering 1 hour later
He is fine now. Active and playing. Other medicines:

1. TY - 250 (Paracetamol Peddiatric Oral Suspension).
2. Luminart (Artemether and Lumefantrine Dry Syrup)
3. Endoxil-100 (Cefpodoxime 100mg)
4. Meftal p Syrup

Thanks!
Follow-up: Hi, Attached my kids complete blood report. He is suffering 39 minutes later
Can you analyse these medications and let me know if they cause sleepiness as side effect?

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely

Detailed Answer:
The mentioned medicines are unlikely to give rise to increased sleepiness.
I am not sure if giving Luminart (Artemether and Lumefantrine Dry Syrup) is justifiable, but anyway.
it would be a good idea to get the child evaluated.