question-icon

Hi, Are the sugar free pellets from Natura, is safe

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019
Question: Hi, Are the sugar free pellets from Natura, is safe to use ?? they say it's sugar free .. I don't want to increase my weight . also can these be used by diabetic patients ? my father is diabetic. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
It is safe for short term

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Natura can be taken for short term or on and off basis. Prolonged use has been associated with glaucoma of the eye due to sorbitol in it. Otherwise it is quite safe in diabetes.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishaee
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj (14 minutes later)
thank you for the answer. one more question is that , I have seen in sweet shops, they say sugar free sweets. can they be consumed by diabetic ?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj (3 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
The sugar is different

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

The sugar is different and does not worsen the blood sugar levels.. So yes it can be consumed by diabetics.

Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj