Hi 52 female. Hx mitochondrial myopathy confirmed via muscle biopsy.

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
Hi 52 female. Hx mitochondrial myopathy confirmed via muscle biopsy. Hx svt treated with atenolol. Dec started getting htn 210/113 documented. Dr did IV with mag and clonidine. EKG show left side enlargement. US of carotid and ABD unremarkable. Labs. Low plasma. Primary said echo showed pulm htn. However cardiologist disagreed with this finding. Cardiologist dc clonidine and started diuretic. Wellness check bp 170/110. They did another IV with med not familiar with. PVCs started about five days ago. Assumed this was side effect of meds. Just left cardiologist which of course I wasn’t having “as many” pvcs so my concerned was dismissed. They are driving me nuts(the PVCs) . Question is. Should I one be concerned that one doc said I had pul htn and the other said no and two what is up with PVCs. I don’t do caffeine btw.
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs to review your ecg and echo reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma’am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that occasional pvc are a part of normal physiology and are harmless.

Regarding whether or not you have Pilmonary hypertension I need to see your ecg and echo reports.

So kindly upload the reports for proper evaluation and opinion.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap