Owl Image

Hemorrhagic cyst formed and the follicle started bleeding inside. Should I be worried?

Owl Image
Dr. Biswajit Dash

Infertility Specialist

Question
My wife is under going follicular study since 2 months. We tried the same last year for 4 months upto Oct 2011 and later for some XXXXXXX reasons postponed it for almost a year. Generally follicular study results in rupturing after the follicle in Right /Left Ovary develops upto 1.8 - 2.0 cms and its around 18th day of the cylce, however this month the follicle did not rupture until 22nd day and size is 4.2 cms, the scanning doctor said that some Haemorric cyst has formed and the follicle has started bleeding inside however on consultation with our gynae doctor she says nothing to worry and will try follicular again next month. My doubt/question is will this big size follicle create any problem or side effets to my wife's health. Will this lead to any additional flow of blood during mentural periods. Kindly clarify
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 10 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
Well, the hemorrhagic follicles generally gets resolved by itself most of the times and generally do not create any additional problem.You can do a scan on Day 2/day 3 of the next menses (where day 1 is when the bleeding starts) and can see whether the hemorrhagic follicle has disappeared.If it still persists, then don't go for any stimulation that cycle and wait for next cycle. Just go for normal planning without any drugs.
Again do a day 2 scan of the subsequent month and plan accordingly after consulting your doctor.
The mere presence of a hemorrhagic follicle does not increase the menstrual flow, so don't worry.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
take care
DR. BISWAJIT DASH