Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hemorrhagic cyst formed and the follicle started bleeding inside. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 182 Questions
My wife is under going follicular study since 2 months. We tried the same last year for 4 months upto Oct 2011 and later for some XXXXXXX reasons postponed it for almost a year. Generally follicular study results in rupturing after the follicle in Right /Left Ovary develops upto 1.8 - 2.0 cms and its around 18th day of the cylce, however this month the follicle did not rupture until 22nd day and size is 4.2 cms, the scanning doctor said that some Haemorric cyst has formed and the follicle has started bleeding inside however on consultation with our gynae doctor she says nothing to worry and will try follicular again next month. My doubt/question is will this big size follicle create any problem or side effets to my wife's health. Will this lead to any additional flow of blood during mentural periods. Kindly clarify
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 10 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Well, the hemorrhagic follicles generally gets resolved by itself most of the times and generally do not create any additional problem.You can do a scan on Day 2/day 3 of the next menses (where day 1 is when the bleeding starts) and can see whether the hemorrhagic follicle has disappeared.If it still persists, then don't go for any stimulation that cycle and wait for next cycle. Just go for normal planning without any drugs.
Again do a day 2 scan of the subsequent month and plan accordingly after consulting your doctor.
The mere presence of a hemorrhagic follicle does not increase the menstrual flow, so don't worry.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor