Help with 5 year old son. Should I take my
Just back from pool and my sons penis is so much smaller than the other boys, almost 1/3 the size.
His penis and testis are always tight and shrivelled. However, when he has an erection it definitely grows. However, I have no idea about other boys and if his growth in this state is normal with his peers.
Hi is tall: 115cm and 20kg at 4.5 years.
Penis length relaxed is around 3cm and maybe 5-5.5cm when firm. He is not circumcised
Is this normal? I have no idea what to compare with, but I just dont think he looks the same as other boys.
Your son sounds completely normal
Your son sounds completely normal, both in terms of height and weight and penis size. If you are worried, you could have his testes examined and measured, but it does not seem indicated.
Hope this helps.
When you say have his testes examined, is that to check if they are where they should be or for size?
Yes, measured with an orchiometer
I suggest you tell your son that the visit to the doctor simply is to check if everything is as it should be; consider it a routine physical. In Denmark, boys have regular physical examinations (including measures of testicular size with an orchiometer - a fancy word for stones in different sizes) until a certain age.
I am sure everything is OK. Best wishes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has