question-icon

Hello! this is for the first time I'm feeling this,

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2019
Question: Hello! this is for the first time I'm feeling this, it's been more than a week that I'm feeling itchiness near my penis(specifically on my balls). also the area near my balls is always hot. definitely more than my body temp and usually it is not that hot(I literally need to keep an ice cube). I'm 30yrs old, only thing that ring a bell to me is I trimmed my pubic hair may be 15days ago, I don't once in a month. but since two days I'm feeling itchiness all through the day, I have never felt that till date. it is quite embarrassing. this is concerning me, plz advise. thanks, gowtham regards, gowtham
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and need to ask you few questions:
Is this itching associated with rash?
Have you used anything new on the pubic area?
Do you have any other ailments or taking any medicines?
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
hello, there is no rash, however like few mins ago I observed there are small insects on my testicle hair. this is really scary, I found around 5-6 of them. they are like lice we see in our hair on head. is this an STD ? I did not have neither Oral nor sexual intercourse in last 9months to be precise. I'm scared Doc, not sure what to do now. regards,
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Pubic lice, permethrin lotion, ivermectin tab & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
According to your complaints it could be a case of pubic lice.
Its usually a sexually transmitted disease.
I would recommend you to apply permethrin 5 percent lotion on the entire body neck downwards, keep it for 7-8 hours and then wash it off.
You have to repeat the same after 10 days.
Also take tablet ivermectin 12 mg single dose stat and repeat after 10 days.
For itching take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist