Hello this is for dr Sharka I have done the

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello this is for dr Sharka I have done the following tests within the last month echo stress loop traponin all blood work my question is my dr did a random colesterol test ans my tryglycerin came back high she is now doing a fasting test to see if it is different if all of those other tests came back normal am I at risk right now of immediate heart issues
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 0 minute later
Hello this is for dr Sharka I have done the following tests within the last month echo stress loop traponin all blood work my question is my dr did a random colesterol test ans my tryglycerin came back high she is now doing a fasting test to see if it is different if all of those other tests came back normal am I at risk right now of immediate heart issues
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back on Ask a Doctor service!

I understand your concern and would explain that it is quite normal to have high triglycerides levels in blood samples taken after eating or random.

Anyway, even if your triglycerides may be high right now, they do not impose you at any high risk for heart attack at a short period of time.

You should know that high cholesterol levels or high triglycerides levels, when persist for many years, may lead to the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the blood vessels, which cause narrowing of blood vessels and low blood flow to the organs (including the heart and the brain).

But, there is not any short term risk.

So, just relax and don't worry about it!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back on Ask a Doctor service!

But, there is not any short term risk.

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 17 minutes later
Hi thank u so I know my colesterol was normal in sept and she just did a random one now so I am not in any danger of immediate heart issues and I can continue to workout as normal
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can continue your normal daily activity as usual.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thank you for the additional information!

Yes, as a cardiologist, I can reassure you that you are not at any immediate risk for heart attack or any cardiac disorders.

So, you should feel free to continue to workout as normal!

Hope to have clarified some of your uncertainties!

Please let me know about everything!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Please let me know about everything!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
My final question does an echo show if you have clogged arteries
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 21 minutes later
Also I seem to have pain right on both ribs under the breasts upper stomach not sure what can be causing this could this be fatty liver or colesterol issues
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Hi sorry I have uploaded my results
Hi sorry I have uploaded my results
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I just reviewed your tests and would explain that your blood lipid profile is normal besides elevated triglycerides levels.

But, this is not a very concerning fact.

You are not at any immediate risk for atherosclerosis or a heart attack.

I would just recommend trying to make some modifications to your diet (low fat, low sugar, high fibers diet) and then consider starting fenofibrate for high triglycerides.

Regarding the fatty liver, I don't think that it is the cause underlying your pain. Nevertheless, performing an abdominal ultrasound would help exclude this possibility.

Regarding the cardiac ultrasound, it does not help examine the blood flow in the coronary arteries. So, it does not help exclude coronary artery disease. But, the dobutamine stress echo (which you have already performed)can help investigate for coronary artery disease.

Hope you will find this information helpful!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 hours later
Thank you so much I have been reassured and will be doing a fasting colesterol test today hoping for better results also with the cardiac work I have done the cardiac issues have been excluded
I will upload my results once received
Thank u
I will upload my results once received
Thank u
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
I remain at your disposal for any further questions.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I would be glad to review your new tests as soon as you will upload them for a second opinion.

In the meantime, there is no need to limit your daily physical activity, as nothing serious is going on.

Let me know about everything!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Let me know about everything!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri