question-icon

Hello sir, my uncle is 61 year having diabetes since

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2019
Question: Hello sir, my uncle is 61 year having diabetes since 5 years, recently done medical checkup and ECG from the same is attached for your valuable suggestion and future assistance, Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Needs more evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details and the ecg report attached by you I would like to tell you that although the quality of the ecg is not good but there are q wave in inferior leads along with ectopic activity.

In a 60+ diabetic patient with this type of ecg it’s advisable to get Echocardiography done as further evaluation to asses cardiac function and then adjust medications accordingly.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist