Hello sir, my uncle is 61 year having diabetes since

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello sir, my uncle is 61 year having diabetes since 5 years, recently done medical checkup and ECG from the same is attached for your valuable suggestion and future assistance, Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs more evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details and the ecg report attached by you I would like to tell you that although the quality of the ecg is not good but there are q wave in inferior leads along with ectopic activity.

In a 60+ diabetic patient with this type of ecg it’s advisable to get Echocardiography done as further evaluation to asses cardiac function and then adjust medications accordingly.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana