question-icon

Hello sir i have skin rashes in pennies itso itchy

Posted on Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Question: Hello sir i have skin rashes in pennies itso itchy buring Welcome to 'Ask a Doctor'. Please type your question here...
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of yeast infection. Try topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps you have a yeast infection. Yeast infection is usually itchy. I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in " Reports Section " so that I am able to have a look and guide you accordingly. For a mild yeast infection I would normally suggest my patients to use a topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily for a week. You may also take an OTC oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10mg tablet once a day for symptomatic relief from itching

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist