Hello, question please. I had an ablation and permanent birth

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hello, question please. I had an ablation and permanent birth control about 7 years ago. They told me I would occasionally have light periods but not enough to need a pad and I would still ovulate. Since I do not know when I ovulate but assume it is around the middle of the month because I do still cramp. I am not really sexually active but have had sex on November 15th and January 20th with my boyfriend. Both times we had sex I bleed during sex. Sex is not painful but not sure why this is happening. I am assuming since by breast are swollen and I am cramping it is due to my time of the month. Any advice to help ease my mind is welcomed.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be periods, other causes should be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
The bleeding after intercourse can be your monthly period, as it occurred at around 26-28 days interval.
However, other causes like local lesions in the cervix or vagina, infection etc should be ruled out by proper internal examination, vaginal swab examination and pap smear.
I will suggest you to consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination and treatment accordingly, if needed.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN