Hello, my wife was recently told that she was 5
Please upload the scan report with the images
Welcome to healthcare magic. I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
At 5 weeks of pregnancy, one should see a pregnancy sac in the uterus. Did your doctor see the pregnancy sac? Other than that not much is seen at this period of pregnancy.
Please upload the ultrasound report with the images. After seeing that I can explain correctly.
Waiting for your reply,
Dr Ramadevi Wani
I will send this tomorrow. Thanks.
Will be waiting for the reporty
Will be waiting for the reports
I have uploaded the pictures from the scan. There is a report in Chinese which basically reads abnormal egg sac. Also, my wife had low hormone levels - the doctor diagnosed this as stress. I am hoping that you find the egg sac normal. Is it too early to tell? We go back in a week and although we have been told not to worry until the next check up, it would be useful to hear your views. Can anything be concluded from these photos? If there is risk of abnormalities what is the most likely negative outcome? Could this mean that the egg is simply not fertilised properly or could it imply deformities in the baby?
Thanks again for your help.
I have gone through the ultrasound films. The egg is definitely fertilised. The report does not imply deformities in the baby. The pregnancy sac seems to be located in the lower part of uterus in the film. Normally it is in the upper part of uterus. However it is too early to come to any conclusion. Let us wait for the repeat scan that she will be having in a week's time.
Dr Ramadevi Wani
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?