Hello, my daughter is 3 year old and had been

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, my daughter is 3 year old and had been taking 5 ml of L Montus syrup once everyday from one and a half year for coughing attacks as prescribed by her paediatrician. Wanted to know if is there any long term complication chances due to consumption of this syrup everyday?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No serious side effects...

Detailed Answer:

This is one of the safest and well tolerated medication. In some individuals it can cause dryness, fatiguability and tiredness. But most people do well without any disadvantages.

If your daughter has no complaints and is doing well until now, then she should continue to do so. No long term side effects expected. Moreover as she grows, the doctor might consider tapering and stopping the medication. So you need not be overly worried.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other information.