Hello, my 2 year old daughter has got some infection
Put some antibiotic drop with may need oral antibiotic also
Thanks for asking on Ask A Doctor platform
I have seen the image and found swelling and redness in right upper eyelid. Inside of the eye(white part) looks normal.
Most common cause of such condition is some bacterial infection(Stye).
I would suggest you to put antibiotic drops like gatifloxavin or ciprofloxacin 1drop in both eyes at least 5 times a day fir 5 days.
Observe closely for worsening of swelling, redness inside the eyes or other abnormal symptoms and if you are noticing any abnormality please visit an eye specialist immediately.
Sometimes child needs oral antibiotics also if there is no improvement within 24 hours.
With proper treatment the symptoms resolve within four to five days.
Do hot fomentation for swelling and pain. You may give pain killer like paracetamol or ibuprofen fir pain.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting