Hello last Sunday I went into the ER after being

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello last Sunday I went into the ER after being seen in a clinic for the flu. A couple of days later I had sudden onset of excruciating left ear pain. There wasn't an ENT at the hospital on a Sunday. (it's not a trauma facility.) They told me it was a ruptured ear drum. She gave me a big shot of fentanyl and prescribed clindimicin(I am allergic to pcn). I tried to get into ent and can't get anyone to respond. My pain has lessened but now I have 2 new problems. I am still not able to hear. Can't hear at all, sensation is like my ear is under water. There is still a small amount of bloody clearish fluid leaking out, but is only a small amount. The first is a yeast infection as well as oral thrush. The second is the most sudden and scary. On Friday afternoon after taking my antibiotic I felt it get stuck. I thought I was tasting the pill. There is a burning sensation and today it's hard to swallow. I feel the pain in my chest not in my throat. The burning sensation lasted about 4 hours. At first I thought it was heartburn. Should I return to the ER?
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hii. You are having acute otitis media which is inflammation of the ear. Yo

Detailed Answer:
Hii. You are having acute otitis media which is inflammation of the ear. You should consult an Ent surgeon to confirm it. Start augmentin tablet,antiallergic levocetrizine tablet,otrivin nose drop. It will take 2 week to settle down. If you are having difficulty in swallowing then you may need any endoscopy to see back of the throat. The tablet may have injured the mucosa or it may have stuck. An ent surgeon will remove it easily. In the meantime take mucaine gel syrup to decrease the pain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana