Hello, i just want a simple answer if it be
i just want a simple answer if it be possibe about :
for example, if my girlfrind has all viruss, Hiv,... (everything), eating food from same plate of food or drink water from her glass it will make any problem or transfer stuff? ( i did not do any Vaccinate yet)
Some micro-organisms can be transmitted, others not. Please see details below.
Hi and Welcome to Ask a Doctor service.
I have read your question and here is my advice.
Your question is simple and valid, but there cannot be a clear yes or No. Some virus can be transmitted while others are not.
In fact, as a general rule sharing utensils is not very risky with a healthy individual but still, there are possibilities of transmission of certain germ from diseased people.
The common germs that can potentially (though not commonly) be transmitted via sharing utensils are those that can be spread through saliva. These include the common infections like flu, strep infections, measles, influenza, Epstein bar virus and few more viruses.
However, the major and serious infection like HCV, HBV, and HIV are not transmitted by sharing utensils because these are not transmitted by saliva. The extreme remote possibility would be if the glass is stained with her blood, and your mouth has ulcers that come in contact with the blood on the glass.
Hope this helps you.
Please feel to ask if you have any further questions or concerns.
Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol