Hello i have a question.I think my hormones are imbalanced

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 4 Mar 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Hello i have a question.I think my hormones are imbalanced as for "sexual activities" nothing too big im not very responsive...maybe its because im nervous and think what my partner is thinking. hes my 1st ever "experience" as ive never went with anyone beforehand. what can i take to put my hormones balanced or at least to work as supposed haha.Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
The feeling of having improper working of hormones during the first encounter is mostly related to the anxiety and stress associated with it. Taking too much of caffeine, alcohol or smoking can also affect the sexual response. You need to feel relaxed to have an optimum response. Lack of lubrication can also cause problems. Using vaseline will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
No not actually sexual intercouse its more like you know touching and stuff and yes i do get nervous . can i take something to make me more "responsive"? also do my pills sumatriptin effect the issue? as i take em for cluster headaches
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to sumatriptan also.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
To decrease the anxiety you can have a good anti anxiety medicine after consulting your physician. Taking Sumatriptan for a long term can also cause this.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 hours later
What do you mean sumatriptin can also be the cause of it exactly?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The response varies from person to p

Detailed Answer:
Sumatriptan can also cause a decreased sexual response but it varies from person to person as anxiety plays an important role in it.
Regards.