Hello I Am A 26 Yo Male. Recently Was Put
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
First of all I request you to provide more details to give you appropriate answer.
1. What are the symptoms that you are facing other than the nervousness and breathlessness which appeared after the start of medications?
2. How long there is problem?
3. How it was started? Gradual or sudden? Please provide details of various symptoms in chronological order?
4. Why the naltrexone was started?
5. Do you use any substance of use? If yes how long, how frequent and dose and nature of substance?
6. When was the last time when you used the substance of abuse, if any?
7. Do you have any other medical illness? If yes details
8. Do you have any psychiatric illness in past? If yes details.
At this stage I like to inform you that nervousness is one of the common side effects of abilify and generally appears within 4 weeks of starting treatment.
I look forward to assist you further.
Thanks and regards.
2. I have been taking it for 6 days. Naktrexone was today only.
3. Sudden. I try to sleep and notice i cannot breathe and my heart-rate spikes up. Similar to the daytime. I am doing fine then i get nervous and scared and my heart rate spikes up.
4. I am in therepy to stop an opioid dependency. I used 40mg of hydrocdone Once weekly. Additionally, i used a lot of kratom On days i was not taking opiates. Last time i used was about 7 days ago.
No previous history of illness.
I tend to have Extreme anxiety And OCD
I think there is need to add on anti anxiety medication
Thanks for follow up.
As communicated earlier the nervousness is one of the common side effect of abilify. Fortunately for most patients it is self limiting and it can be expected to resolve by itself.
The other descriptions of palpitations, weird involuntary movements, breathless of sudden onset, tahycardia indicates that anxiety is still playing its role in causation of symptoms so it will be advisable to use anti anxiety medications. This is important to state that abilify have very limited anxiety controlling properties and it may not be sufficient to control anxiety symptoms.
The anti anxiety medications inclulude celexa, Lexapro, zoloft, Paxil among others. There is need to discuss same with your doctor. For time being benzodiazepines can also be used for limited period on need basis.
I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.