question-icon

Hello, doctor...I have got an injury in my left knee,

Posted on Sun, 6 Jan 2019
Question: Hello, doctor...I have got an injury in my left knee, mei reports says there is a third grade tear in my meniscus and first
tear in ligament...we consult a doctor, and he said the knee should be operated..please suggest or advice me your valuable opinion..... XXXXXXX mitra/kolkata...
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Yes ,,Surgery is required.

Detailed Answer:
Hi ,I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon .
I have gone through your reports.
Your MRI Reports say that you have grade 3 injury in meniscus and grade 1 tear in ligament.This report seems to be incomplete .
For grade 3 tear in meniscus , surgery is required to remove the damaged part of the meniscus through arthroscopy. Ligament tear - which ligament ? bur gradw 1 does not need surgery .
I hope to have answered your question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon