Hello doctor my 4 month old son's genital is ballooning

Excellent

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hello doctor my 4 month old son's genital is ballooning while he urinates for the past couple of days.. is it of any concern? What should I do??
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry it's common at this age

Detailed Answer:
Hi....I understand your concern. It is common in this age group. Please do not worry about it.

I need more information -

1. How is the urinary stream?
2. Is there any history of urinary tract infection?
3. Is there any vomiting?
4. What is the birthweight and current weight?

Please revert back to me with answers so that I can guide you better.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Follow-up: Hello doctor my 4 month old son's genital is ballooning 1 hour later
The urinary stream is upright and fast jet speed.. but today he was giving a slight push before urinating.. only today the ballooning has appeared. He had an infection when he was 20 days old but the colony count was so low and was not confirmed as uti regardless he was given antibiotics to bring down the crp and we give his urine for culture every month till now its clear. He vomits curdled milk alot. I have good supply of breast milk and he drinks often. He is running a cold so for past few days he threw up little non curdled milk about twice in 76 hours. His birthweight was 2.9kg and current weight 6.5kg doctor.

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on tight prepuce

Detailed Answer:
Hi... thank you for getting back with the necessary information.

You need not worry about this. This is normal in this age group. You can follow up with your pediatrician or with me after he is 6 months old.

If it is still there after 6 months of age, I can suggest you an ointment to apply so that it will get relieved.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani