Hello doctor my 4 month old son has a bad

Excellent

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
Hello doctor my 4 month old son has a bad rash on his bum. Our gated community nurse said that its caused by acidic poop and to apply coconut oil. Its been two weeks and its better some days and worse some days. Can you please suggest me a good ointment with alkaline property to neutralize the acid? My baby is teething and poops alot. I have an attached picture. Is there any ointment that will make it go completely? Can I try vaseline? Also i dont use diapers..he is free during the day and on cloth diaper at night. Thank you.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on perianal rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi.... I have seen the image of the rash in the perianal region.

It is very common for kids to have diarrhoea during this period of teething.

I suggest you use Siloderm ointment for external application thrice a day for 5 days.

Another suggestion is that do not wipe the perianal area or where the rash is present. The best thing to do is to just touch the area with the soft cotton cloth for the wetness to get absorbed to the cotton cloth.

Please give zinc supplements in the form of Z and D drops 1 ml once daily for a period of 14 days. This will not only be better for the area but also for the perianal Rash.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Follow-up: Hello doctor my 4 month old son has a bad 1 hour later
Thank you. I have tried siloderm and it made things worse. The area bleeded more doctor. Also i have never wiped i dab with cotton and wate. Any other ointment doctor?r

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can use EAZINAPPI cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi... if Siloderm is not working well for your baby, you can use EAZINAPPI cream. It contains 15% of zinc which is very good in healing.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani