question-icon

Hello doctor how do someone control mouth odor.

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019
Question: Hello doctor how do someone control mouth odor.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Advice on how to control mouth odor explained below in details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Mouth odor can be related to many medical conditions.

I would recommend to maintain a good oral hygiene.

I suggest to brush the tongue which can keep a lot of bacteria.

Regularly change the toothbrush.

I also recommend to see a dentist for an examination twice a year.

Another possible cause can be dehydration, so I recommend to drink a lot of liquids.

I recommend to eat a fiber rich diet and avoid fried greasy food.

If the odor continues I recommend to see a gastrologist to exclude other possible causes such as gastroesofageal reflux.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi