Hello doctor, how do someone control mouth bad odor
Bad breath is typically from either a problem in the mouth, a sinus problem, or a digestive problem. The treatment depends on what the underlying issue is.
Regarding a problem in the mouth, if there are dental carries or a lot of plaque, there can be odor causing bacteria. A visit to the dentist, and/or using a mouth wash can address that. If the mouth is very dry, that can also sometimes cause an odor and may be due to medications or an autoimmune disorder.
Allergies and sinus infections can cause a bad odor from drainage down the throat. That should be addressed with your doctor, possibly using a steroid nasal spray or other treatments.
Digestive problems can cause bad breath. Even fasting can cause bad breath.
The simple answer would be a mouth wash, but if there is an underlying cause for the bad mouth odor, then it should be addressed based on the underlying problem.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if i can provide further information or clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis