Hello doctor, Our girl baby is 10 months now and

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 18 Mar 2019 in Child Health
Question: Hello doctor,
Our girl baby is 10 months now and her teeth are starting to develop. She has 4 teeth now, two at the bottom and two on top. She cries intermittently throughout the day and we are wondering if it could be due to her having started teething.
Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly not due to teething

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I do not suppose that the crying is due to the teething. Although uneasiness in the gums can be contributory, I think that abdominal colics are a more likely cause. Babies often get colics. You should burp the baby for at least 15-20 mins after each feed. All you need to do is to hold the baby head end elevated for this duration. The extra air taken causes distention and hence colics. Proper burping will ensure its escape and the milk will not regurgitate back from the stomach to the food pipe, thus providing relief. You can give Coliaid Drops when needed.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj