Hello doctor, My son has turned 18 months old on
My son has turned 18 months old on 30th Nov 2018. He is still due on his 18th month vaccination:
DTwP B(1) / DTaP B(1), OPV / IPV, Hib (B), Hepatitis A (2)
We could not get him administered with above vaccination since he was down with cold and cough for some time. He has turned 19 months today but we are currently traveling and are expected to be back only on 3rd XXXXXXX 2019. Kindly advice if we need to get the vaccination administered immediately or if we can wait?
Raj XXXXXXX Gumdal
You may get it administered after 3rd XXXXXXX
It is definitely advisable to immunize child at the expected time period. But since you've missed it by a month, you may wait for the travel to be complete (3rd January) and get the immunization done. I say this, since DTwP is known to induce pain and fever. It is advisable to take this shot when the child is back home and not while travelling.
This delay is unlikely to significantly disturb his immunization; so I'd not be overly concerned about waiting a few more days.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...