Hello doctor, I am homosexual. Today I met a guy

Posted on Sun, 27 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello doctor, I am homosexual. Today I met a guy with unknown HIV/STD status. We had some body rubbing action. I was on cloths but he was only on shirt but he was wearing nothing below. He was circumcised. While he was lying on bed and I was sitting on him he ejaculated sperm since I was wearing shorts. His sperm made little wet feeling on my thighs. I assume there was some contact between my skin and his sperm. Also on my elbow a small wond s there with little puss without any skin brek.. I am worried about STDs and HIV.. during entire course I was on cloths and no oral and no anal was involved. Plz help and tell me if any tests r needed
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
your HIV risk is negligible only.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
First of all, that guy, your sex partner might not have HIV infection. Then there is no question of HIV risk for you at all.
HIV transmission can happen with some micro-abrasions that can happen during sexual act. It is quite unlikely to get an infection through intact skin. So just a wet feeling or contact with semen could not cause a HIV infection. You felt the wetness over your thigh and then why are worrying about the wound on elbow. As per CDC, XXXXXXX USA, acts other than blood transfusion, needle prick or sharing, anal, vaginal and oral sex have a negligible risk for HIV transmission. (https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/estimates/riskbehaviors.html)
So nothing to worry.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Thanks doctor. I was simply thinking of getting tested.i will that from my mind. Thanks once again for your reply
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIV testing will help to remove the unnecessarily mental tension

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
There is nothing wrong in going for testing.
After seeing the negative results, you will be relieved greatly. Otherwise the idea of having HIV is infection will gnaw you for ever.
Dr S Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist