Hello doctor, I am XXXXXXX and i am 26 yrs

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Thu, 10 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello doctor,
I am XXXXXXX and i am 26 yrs old. I dont know if i had sex, it was just fingering and only once the penis got inserted in me for about 10-20 seconds. But after that i am feeling the pain in urination and also it is hard to urinate and i also got the spotting of blood the next day.
Do you think it can be pregnancy?
It is been only 2 days since we had done this.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible UTI

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor,

I have gone through your query and can certainly understand your concern,

From the details you have provided, you do not seem to be having symptoms suggestive of an ongoing pregnancy. Chances are that it could be an UTI or a urethritis.

I would suggest you to get an urine routine examination done to look for any infection. If so, we can proceed with a course of antibiotics and you should be fine.

Meanwhile, drink plenty of water.

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to discuss further,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 26 minutes later
Hello doctor,
Thank you for solving my query,
One more thing i would like to ask, that is it can be STI also, or the severe one and what will be the probable treatment i can take so that i will make sure it is not pregnancy and also not STI.

Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for writing back,

Sorry for the inadvertent delay in replying back,

Most common organisms causing STI's are Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HepA and HIV. Look out for symptoms like vaginal discharge, painful or frequent urination, unusual vaginal bleeding, abdominal pain, dark colored urine, appearance of any blisters over the genitals.

You can visit any clinic nearby for a STI blood check for chlamydia, gonorrhoea. You can wait for 2-4 weeks for testing for Hep A. It is preferred to wait for 25days to 2 months to test for HIV.

I hope this helps,

Please feel free to discuss further,