question-icon

Hello Doctor, Hope You Are Well. Further To My Question

Posted on Fri, 17 Aug 2018
Question: Hello doctor,

Hope you are well.

Further to my question last week about ectopic beats and holter test, I got my reports and I am sharing with you. Please find the attached report. Are these results normal?

Also, I have not had any episode of ectopic beat for the last one week and I assume it could be due to Met XL 25 MG. If this is correct, how long would I need to take Met XL 25MG and will this have long term or short term side effects?

Looking forward for your response and suggestions.

Vikram
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Yes it is

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Good to hear from you that you are doing fine. Yes am also good thanks.

Yes beta blockers are very good in controlling ectopic sand you need not worry for the side effects as you are taking minimal dose of it. It’s advisable that one should continue taking it for a minimum of 3 months time.

Also I have gone through the holter report pages attached by you and it’s fine there is no evidence of any alarming electrical activity in your heart. Things are going fine.

Just remember not to take stress and maintain healthy lifestyle and also avoid consuming coffee and other caffeine containing drinks as they promote ectopic activity.

Wish you all good health.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist