Hello doctor. Hope you are doing well. Last time when

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2019 in General Health
Question: Hello doctor.

Hope you are doing well.

Last time when I wrote to you is about Vitamin B12 deficiency and as per your suggestions, I checked with my treating cardiologist and got B12 injections done and now I feel better - also, from the time I have taken these injections I am not having any ectopic beats. but I rarely feel skipped beats. (Is this something to do with Vit B12 or because of taking MetXL?)

However, Lately I am having weird palpitations for few seconds in the morning as soon as I wake up - I can feel my heartbeat on my throat and chest and some sort of mild vibrating feeling - this will last for few seconds and then become normal. (it only happens when I wake up from sleep)

My concern now is with these palpitation sensation that I am having early in the morning.

I am currently overseas on my project and I only have access to 1 lead ECG (Apple Watch) which I have attached for your review.

Is this any concern or can I ignore them for now and not worry about these?

Awaiting your response.

Vikram
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Am doing well. Thank you.

It’s good to hear that you got relieved by vit b12 supplementation. Vit b12 deficiency generally leads to easy fatigue, laziness and has nothing much to do with ectopics.

The control of your ectopics are the result of proper medication and your self care.

I have reviewed the ecg rhythm strip attached by you and it is showing normal electrical activity of heart and is not suggesting any abnormal rhythm.

You can safely overlook them and concentrate on your project, you will be alright.

Good luck and take care.

Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj