Hello again Dr. T Chandrakant, I was in touch with

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 Feb 2019 in General Health
Question: Hello again Dr. T Chandrakant,
I was in touch with before 3 weeks about my skin groin HS/Other condition.
Please find updated photo of my groin skin condition.
I have been applying Repavar during the day with a sterile gauze dressing applied in that area. And at night time im applying Betadine Oinment with sterile gauze dressing also in the same area. The gauze dressing helps the skin avoid shearing so the wounds are healing faster. But i am noticing that once a wound heals, another area of the skin opens up and releases yellow stuff then blood. These openings are not getting closed quickly and always seem to open up in the same location. is there a way doctor to contain all that blood and fluid in that area? What do you recommend me doing?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Healing looks better. Continue the same management.

Detailed Answer:
HI.
Yes, surely remember all the discussions and photos.
I remembered and saw the old photos.
The large wound at the bottom has healed completely.
The fresh ones are at the sites which showed small white patches in the last posted photo.
If there is no appearance of such white patches then I hope that the wounds will get closed unless there is shearing or so. The new skin is very soft and easily breakable. Hence the need to continue the same management as you have been doing nicely with good results.

Once the gaps get closed, hope to see no recurrence.
Also continue Multivitamins, minerals, Lycopene for strengthening the neo-skin. Get Vitamin A and Vitamin D of blood tested and get supplements if there are low figures.
Continue compression dressings as before the same way.

Rest of the skin appears better and healthy.

I hope this answers your query and helps you further.
Please give feedback and feel free to ask any further relevant queries.