Hello This is for dr Sharka I hope ur well

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello This is for dr Sharka I hope ur well I have been trying to continue to manage my pains I was wondering for ur opinion I do believe it is costo or fybro related but would like ur opinion I have been having a ache in upper to mid sturnum in chest as well tender to touch and my left breast area seems to have a pinch like feeling that comes and goes .. I don’t have breathing issues I did stress test traponin ecg in December all good I am currently using a hot water bottle and Tylenol although I remember last time I had almost like flutter in sturnum that I indicated was caused by the hit water bottle is there concern for further testing
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back on HCM!

I understand your concern and would explain that your symptoms are not indicative of any serious cardiac disorders.

The flutter in the sternum caused by hot water bottle, is a quite common reaction of the muscles. It is not related to the heart.

There is no need to perform any additional cardiac tests.

So, just relax and don't worry about it!

Hot water can help improve local musculo-skeletal pain. So, it is OK to use it.

As all your last performed cardiac tests have resulted normal, you should not worry about your heart.

Hope to have been helpful!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 hours later
Hello thank you
The achy and tenderness is there when I touch it and at times when I move ....I just wanted to make sure it was not cardiac related in ur opinion with the symptoms I have described at times even if I am active it aches but again I was told fybromya and Costo can do this
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

As I have explained to you before, the heart is in a very deep position and it can not be touched or triggered by any body movement.

So, the pain which is triggered by pressure or touching in this area, by deep breathing or any body movement is typical of a musculo-skeletal issue.

So, try to relax and don't worry about it!

Nothing serious is going on!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me again!

I would be glad to answer to all of your questions!

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 14 minutes later
Thank you so much I guess the rib ache across the ribs can also be triggered by Costo and fybro it is also achy there I am guessing perhaps a warm shower hit or cold will help and it is not cardiac
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be a musculo-skeletal pain.

Detailed Answer:
Yes XXXXXXX

You are right! It is not related to the heart.

It seems to be related to a musculo-skeletal issue, including costochondritis or fibromyalgia!

So, just try not to think about it!

Best wishes!

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 20 hours later
Hello
So the pinch like pain I feel on my inner left breast sturnum that comes and goes is nit cause for me to think it is cardiac related should I continue with the hot water bottle and Tylenol or should I be concerned about cardio thanks
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your symptoms are not related to the heart.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

This type of pain is very suggestive of a musculo-skeletal pain, like local inflammation or chostochondritis.

You should not worry about your heart, as this type of pain is not typical of any cardiac disorders.

So, you can continue taking Tylenol and using local hot water bottle.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask me again!

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Thank you right now I seem to be having it under left breast rib area comes and goes sharp pain also tender to touch I will continue hot water bottle as well Tylenol and do u think a pain management dr would help as u have concluded this pain is not cardiac
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I think that your symptoms are related to a musculo-skeletal pain.

I would exclude any cardiac issues.

For this reason, consulting with a pain management doctor could be helpful!

Hope to have been helpful!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 17 hours later
Hello thank u I did end up going to triage and they did traponin and echo said all looked good but they said they the pain is most likely fybro and costo asked if I had ultrasound of liver I did have an ultrasound of stomach which included liver spleen kidneys all normal so I am wondering if it could also be gas
Brief Answer:
My answer as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again Theresa!

I am glad that all your tests have resulted normal.

So, you can put your mind to peace about your heart.

Regarding indigestion, it can not be excluded too, although the pain in such case would be in the lower abdomen and you would also experience heartburn and burping.

Anyway, I would recommend using an antiacid and see if your symptoms improve.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Let me know about everything!

Dr.Iliri

Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 5 days later
Hello this question is for de Sharka I am back I had a flare up last week and did go see er doc who did ecg and traponin - traponin was normal ecg was non spacifc as usual heart rate was a bit high due to anxiety dr did small echo he said all good now today I had a sharp pain in the lower middle sturnum came and went I do have stomach issues should this be cause for concern and perhaps cardiac related

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

The sharp pain in this region could be triggered by your stomach too, although not typical.

Sharp pain in this region is typical of a musculo-skeletal pain or inflammation.

Anyway, I would recommend taking an anti-acid or PPI (omeprazole, pantroprazole, etc.) coupled with Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

Anyway, I would exclude any cardiac issues.

So, relax and don't worry about it!

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

If you have any other uncertainties, please let me know about everything!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 23 minutes later
Hello
Great so this with my test results do not indicate cardiac and is most likely costo or fybro or both the reassurance of my recent tests and results are enough for you to exclude cardiac ... I will try all the your recommendations as long as u don’t think I need further cardiac testing v
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 15 hours later
Should I ask my gp for a loop or further cardiac or should I see a rheumatologist again
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
I don't think that your symptoms are cardiac related.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Theresa!

So, I would not recommend additional cardiac tests ( including a loop recorder), as well as I am sure that they will result normal.

So just relax and don't worry about it!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me again!

Kind regards,

Dr.Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T