Hello. This is a PAIN FROM DENTAL WORK question. My
My girlfriend can’t get rid of pain after a crown replacement.
She’s allergic Motrin (ibuprofen)
X2 exedrin 250mg acetaminophen (9am)
Dental work @3:30pm
X2 exedrin 250mg acetaminophen (4:40pm)
X1 Oxy/acetaminophen 5/325 (7pm)
X1 oxy/acetaminophen 5/325 (10:45pm)
Icing her cheek
Still no relief. Anything else she can do? Take more oxy/acetaminophen
Needs an x ray of the crowned tooth done..
Can understand your concerns..
Well, it looks like there is pressure build up in the crowned tooth due to infection or inflammation..
Taking painkillers will have a little effect till the pressure is released..
You can consult an Emergency room and get a painkiller injection for a better pain relief..
Also can you please tell me that was the tooth root canal treated before the crown was placed??
Please write back..
Thank you once again...
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for radiating pain in jaw
- Suggest treatment for raised bumps on tongue
- What causes cramps and weakness post intake of Clindamycin and Oxycodone?
- Is Tylenol advisable for pain while on Ramipril and Atorvastatin?
- What causes gum sensitivity along with puffiness and sensitivity inside...
- What causes a painless patch inside the left cheek?
- What causes bleeding gums while brushing?
- What causes lower front teeth pain and bleeding gums while on Storvas?
- What causes severe tooth pain post a root canal?
- Suggest remedies for dental abscess