Hello, Our baby is 8 days old now. Her umbilical
follow the advice, observe how she stays afterwards...
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concern...
I've checked the attached image. Well, since it's already been 5days from the cord fell-off, bleeding now could be due to irritation, infection or some other reasons too.
Firstly, I'd suggest cleaning the area with plain spirit swab and put some pressure on the area with the swab for a few minutes...apart from this make sure there's no pressure/irritation due to external clothing. Perhaps put on soft cotton clothing and blanket coverings to reduce any unwanted irritation.
Keep the area dry and observe how she stays afterwards. If she started bathing, you may avoid it for a day for now (gentle sponging could be done instead)...
If there's any persistence of bleeding despite this, it's recommended to take her to the Pediatrician...the area should be inspected by her Paediatrician for any residual infection/source of bleeding...additionally she may also require to get Vitamin-K injections depending on the findings...
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?