Hello, My son 2.5 years old (96cm height and 16.6kg
Your child seems to have allergic rhinitis and pharyngitis.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
It seems that your child is having allergic rhinitis and viral pharyngitis. So conservative treatment is the best remedy. You can continue the mucolite syrup and cetrizine for another one week. But get his throat examined by an ENT surgeon to see whether there is no patches over the tonsils. If there is patches then get a throat swab and sent for culture. If the tonsils are congested then start an Augmentin syrup for 1 week. You can start mometasone spray or nasoclear nose drop for the cold. Let him drink lots of fluid. Take steam inhalation through nose. Review if any queries.
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it normal to have seapage from a nose packing
- I am having pain my left ear from last couple
- My wife has been reporting head ache for past few
- I want an answer from Specialist too. ________________________________ I...
- Hi, Recently, I have joined swimming classes and this very
- Hello - I am 33 years old male and my
- My 18 year old daughter drank XXXXXXX floor cleaner yesterday
- The skin inside my ears before inner ear is suddenly
- sir.. , my brother have some breathing difficulties recently.. he
- Ok, please do not review the other opinion. I’m a