Hello, My questions are: What are the symptoms of cervical

Question

My questions are:

What are the symptoms of cervical discogenic syndrome, chronic cervicobrachial syndrome? I’ve had tingling and numbness going down my left arm while laying/ awaking from sleeping.

Knee chondromalacia, would knee braces/ wraps be a treatment or elevate some of the pain, especially when going upstairs? Can flat feet and knee problems create/ cause hip issues? If you have arthritis in your lower bank and hips how would or could it effect your knees? Or would more damage be caused by flat feet to the knees?

What are the symptoms of degenerative arthritis of the hip? I had/ was diagnosed with lumbar spine/ disc degeneration disorder/ arthritis in lower and upper back. My question is does, or could arthritis spread from my lower back to my hips or is it a wear/ear or age thing?

What are the common symptoms, triggers, and treatments for tension headaches? If most of the pain/ pressure is in the back of the head does it distinguish it as more tension or migraine?

I don't know if you can answer this one, but when does a creditable/ certified doctors diagnosis become irrelevant (1, 2, 3, years)?

Thanks,

Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answers to the questions

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Symptoms of cervical discogenic pain includes muscle weakness and pain that is initially proximal and then may progress distally. The pain is of radiating nature usually from the neck along the pathway of the nerve respectively.
Parasthesias occur with time in the distal extremities or may be a primary feature if a compression component is present. Reflexes and motor skills may be affected and a general spasticity in the muscles is felt.

Yes, knee chondromalacia can be helped in this way especially during acute pain.
The lesser curvature of the sole lead to increased stress on the knee and hip joints thus predisposing to increased workforce w.r.t the weight bearing joints.

The arthritis doesn't spread. The biomechanics alter due to the line of action of the force/stress on the weight bearing joints mainly the knee and hip.

To answer you are question, Yes, they are bound to affect the knees and hips in the long term.

Degenerative hip arthritis would present with pain in groin, buttocks, or thigh. It feels better with activity and increased mobility. The pain is usually more intense in the morning.

A diagnosis doesn't become irrelevant but a second opinion can be taken and difference of opinion can occur in some cases unless evidence based diagnosis with the relevant labs has proven the diagnosis.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil