Hello, My Doc took me off Metforman 1000mgMorning/1000mgNight because of
About Diabetes treatment;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Yes, you may try to introduce small doses of Metformin (initially 500 mg) and try to increase the dose with 500 mg each week. If the dose increase causes diarrhoea, get back to the previous dose.
If even 500 mg causes diarrhoea, then discuss with your physician to add Januvia (Sitagliptin).
Hope the information will help. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?