Hello Mam, Thank you for you response. I have checked
Thank you for you response. I have checked with my OBGYN and they have mentioned I have PCOS through Ultra sound of my pelvis where they had to insert a tube or something. I was doing some research and was able to find a drug named CETRORELIX. I have read this drug can cure PCOS. Is there any truth behind this information? How safe is this drug and if it's safe why are Doctors not recommending that?
Cetrorelix is used to prevent premature ovulation.
Thanks for posting your query.
Cetrorelix is a GnRH antagonist. It inhibits premature ovulation and ovarian hyperstimulation. It alone does not help in ovulation. It is used with ovulation inducing drugs in the treatment of infertility. It is not used alone in the treatment of PCOS as it does not cause ovulation and if used alone cannot help conception. It is used only along with follicular studies to have an optimum effect on the exact timing of egg release.
It will not help the weight gain and the irregular cycles that is the main problem seen in PCOS.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...