Hello Mam, My name is Anupriya. I was in touch

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2019 in General Health
Question: Hello Mam,

My name is Anupriya. I was in touch with you regarding my health condition. My PCP has ordered for Brain MRI which came as Normal. But there are still some issues which I am facing currently.

I feel very weak, fatigue, exhausted all the time. If I perform any household I feel like drained out of my energy. I have constant pain in abdomen, I have pain over gall bladder area. Most concerning is I am loosing my body weight without any workout or diet plan.
I was told not to eat certain food due to Pre diabetic, PCOS, GERD and Gall bladder problem. I keep hearing or reading over the internet that weight loss is related to related to the "C" word which is giving me sleepless nights. I stay depressed and stressed due to my health condition. I am also low in Iron and fibre.

I met a different doctor, she did some blood work. Is it possible to say where I stand overall. The doctor did not provide valid justification on my blood report regarding PCOS, Prediabetic and other areas.

Instead, I am told to do CT scan, they did Ultrasound of my abdomen and pelvis which came negative. I need to HIDA scan, Upper Endioscopy and Colonoscopy.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Anupriya
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably symptoms are related to pre-diabetes, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.

I've reviewed the attached reports.

The reports seem to be in normal range.

You have only a low ferritin serum level, which can be treated with an iron supplement daily.

The symptoms seem to be related to pre-diabetes.

This medical condition can commonly cause fatigue and weight loss.

I would suggest a regular measurement of the glycemic level.

I would also recommend the glycated hemoglobin A1C test which gives an average of the blood sugar level for the past three months.

Meanwhile, I recommend eating healthy foods such foods low in fat and calories and high in fiber.

I also recommend daily exercises.

In case the glycemic level is constantly high medications may be needed such as Metformin.

This is a prescribed medication so you should consult your doctor before the use.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 16 minutes later

Can you please let me know how I am doing on PCOS level. Is there mention on that in my report.

Thanks & Regards,
Anupriya
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
PCOS is under control, the hormone levels are normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again dear,

I am sorry for my late response.

As I see through the reports the hormone levels are normal.

PCOS is under control.

I would suggest you to repeat the hormone levels every six months.

Wish you all the best.

Take care dear,

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana