Hello. I woke up this morning with urgency to go

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello. I woke up this morning with urgency to go to bathroom. Stool was like baby poop( I did have muralax) before going to be, but I was also sick on stomach(threw up). Stomach has not calmed down, I feels quivery with what feels like waves going across my abdomen. Even though I had a BM, I still have the sensation of a lot of stool having to be removed, Standing up makes the sensation go away, This happens every night also, feeling of having to make a BM. How do I quiet this down. The picture I see is showing a gynecologist. I need a gastro doctor. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try Isapghul husk.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms are suggestive of tenesmus in which there is a frequent urge to have a bowel movement. Inflammation and irritation of the rectum and rectal lining cause tenesmus. It is often accompanied by proctitis in which the soft lining tissue of the inner rectum becomes inflamed. Hence gives you a feeling of false defecation.

Suggestions-
Please get a colonoscopy done. If done already no test required.

As of now,
Start taking an anti-inflammatory like Aceclofenac (to remove inflammation at a visceral level) twice daily.
Start taking Isapghul husk 10mg thrice daily.Initially keep it for 15 minutes in XXXXXXX warm water and take 10 gram thrice.It swells up inside intestine by imbibing water and pushes stools.A bulk forming agent which smoothens the passage of stools.While anti inflammatory would cover inflammation isabghul husk would make passage of stool smooth and would reduce fullness.
Try it for 10 days and you would feel much better.

Give it a try and you would feel much better.

Please do follow up after 10 days.
Wish you fast recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee