Hello. I woke up this morning with urgency to go
Try Isapghul husk.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms are suggestive of tenesmus in which there is a frequent urge to have a bowel movement. Inflammation and irritation of the rectum and rectal lining cause tenesmus. It is often accompanied by proctitis in which the soft lining tissue of the inner rectum becomes inflamed. Hence gives you a feeling of false defecation.
Please get a colonoscopy done. If done already no test required.
As of now,
Start taking an anti-inflammatory like Aceclofenac (to remove inflammation at a visceral level) twice daily.
Start taking Isapghul husk 10mg thrice daily.Initially keep it for 15 minutes in XXXXXXX warm water and take 10 gram thrice.It swells up inside intestine by imbibing water and pushes stools.A bulk forming agent which smoothens the passage of stools.While anti inflammatory would cover inflammation isabghul husk would make passage of stool smooth and would reduce fullness.
Try it for 10 days and you would feel much better.
Give it a try and you would feel much better.
Please do follow up after 10 days.
Wish you fast recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?