Hello I went to the emergency room with stomach pain.

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello I went to the emergency room with stomach pain. I was told that I had a bit of a fatty liver, after I scan. My Alt is 42, AST: 31, Bilirubin is 0.3.
I'm very overweight, I was 344, but recently loss 22lbs after changing my diet, and regular exercise. I've been told that with losing weight and changing my diet I will reverse. What are your thoughts on this information?
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be fatty liver

Detailed Answer:
Hi Aaron6357,

It could be a fatty liver. I suggest you have an ultrasound of your liver with fibroscan to determine if there is fibrosis. Also, the blood test for viral and autoimmune hepatitis would also make sense. Finally, you should also consult a dietitian.

Please let me know if you have further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee