Hello, I was wondering if you could look at a

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello, I was wondering if you could look at a picture of a bump on my penis shaft. I went to the doctor and they aid it doesnt look like herpes or Syphilis. They said it could be a case of folliculitis. But I think it might be something else. The bump is just hard under the skin. It doesnt hurt, doesnt itch. Doesnt bother me at all. But it has gained some size within the last 2 weeks. I notices it after a long masturbating session. I looked online and I have no found a picture to match what I have. it doesnt have a crator. Its just a raised red bump that doesnt really feel like anything but hard.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Regarding a bump on penile shaft.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and gone through your query.

It could be an inflamed sebaceous cyst.
I need a better picture. These pictures seem a little out of focus.

Hope to assist you further once I get the images.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 31 minutes later
I uploaded 2 more pictures, if it is a cyst, how would I go about getting rid of it.
Again there is no pain or discomfort with it. I dont even notice it until i touch it and I can feel the raised bump under the skin. I hope the 2 more pictures i provided can help you determine what it is a little better. if not ill try to get an even better and clearer picture of it for you.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hi. thank you.
It seens an inflamed bump, perhaps a skin infection or an inflamed sebaceous cyst. I suggest you to use a topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin ointment, twice daily for a few days. It should go down with this.

take care
Let me know if you need any more assistance l.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 10 hours later
I uploaded one more picture, this is after me soaking it for about 13 hours in apple cider vinegar. I put some cloth, soaked over night and taped it around my shaft. When i woke up the top layer was gone.
I am going to the doctor later but still think its a cyst of something worse?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use a topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
hi.
I still think it is an inflamed gland or an inflamed sebaceous cyst. I suggest you to use a topical antibiotic e.g Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin ointment rather than apple cider vinegar.

take care
Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana