Hello. I was treated for a UTI (with microscopic hematuria
Probably a benign polyp in the ureter, you should not be worried about .
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand you concern.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a polyp of the ureter.
Polyps of the ureter are benign tumors. They are very common, especially at your age.
Hematuria is one of the common symptoms that they may have.
Urinary tract infection can be one of the possible causes, the exact cause is not well known.
The treatment consists in endoscopic resection.
Through the biopsy the doctor will confirm the benign nature of the lesion.
The prognosis of these lesions is very good so I suggest you not to worry.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?