Hello I was diagnosed with cerebral amyloid angiopathy 18 months
I also have a tortuous case of Anasthesia Dolorosis from surgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia. This has rendered the right side of my face totally numb but torturous in nature at times when I just want to drop down a black hole ! I have had this for 10 years now. unfortunately I had to give up my profesional job because of this and is a job I loved.
Luckily I have not and never had high blood pressure. Which I believe helps.
I guess I would like to have some idea how long I e to live but I realise this imposible t o do as we are al individuals.
Apart from eating healthily, taking Exerciseand maintaining weight when else can I do to help myself?
Kind regards XXXXXXX
I am 64 years old now.u
Detailed answer ahead
It is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
I really appreciate the effort you are putting to maintain your health despite the medical conditions you have.
I would share the insight on high BP.
Increase in BP is consistent with age as the blood vessels gets thick with age due to collagen deposition and decreased relaxation of blood vessel wall.
The initial treatment depend on the BP range.
If the BP is between 140-160 mm Hg systolic, we ask our patients to exercise regularly at least 45 minutes/day, eat less or minimal salt in diet, Don't eat junk food.
If the BP still remains high despite all these than we ask to take medication.
Pain is also a factor in BP. Persistent pain in patients with Trigeminal Neuralgia increase the sympathetic flow and raises the BP.
I hope you live a long life and that too healthy.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is Xarelto advisable before knee surgery?
- What causes increased heart rate and headaches?
- What causes headache, dizziness and chest discomfort while having...
- What causes sudden drop in heart rate while on Bystolic?
- What causes pain in the right side of the chest?
- What does the following TMT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain
- What do recurrent episodes of dizziness and headaches indicate?
- What does this ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for mild chest pain when diagnosed with AFib