Hello, I was curious what the real chances of conception

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Tue, 5 Mar 2019 in Women's Health
Question: Hello,

I was curious what the real chances of conception are if I had sex with a woman last night, when she's about 13 days from ovulation and I did not ejaculate in her (I removed prior to climax)? I'm losing my mind right now, so thank you.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No possibility of conception in said circstances.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Chaseomicronepursel8,
Thanks for asking.I have read your query &understood your concern.
* Ovulation (which is 14 days priar to expected date of menstruation) is an essential factor for conception with an unprotected sex
So a sex while 13 days apart from the girls ovulation is not likely to result in conception
*Similarly entrance of a normal sperm in female genital tract(and more so it's piearcing the ovum,)within 36 hours of ovulation is a must for conception. In sex considered in the query... you had withdrawn before ejaculation
**Both the factors are against possibility of conception... so you can rest assured about escaping the possibility.
I hope you are satisfied.Any follow upquery is welcome.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 1 hour later
Thank you so much doctor. I appreciate it. Hoping that she is telling the truth about the ovulation (and that she's correct), it won't happen. I know your response might answer this but I remembered that we had intercourse one more time, albeit for maybe 30 seconds (and I did not climax). I mention this because I had not used the restroom between that point and the previous climax hours before and am concerned that sperm were still in my penile canal. Still no cause for concern?
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry!

Detailed Answer:
Hi Chaseomicronepersel,
Thanks for the follow-up query.
Whatever number of times you had sex on the same day and whether sperms entered female genital or not, as long as it was not ovulation time, you need not worry.
I hope that clears your doubt.Any more follow-up query is welcome.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 58 minutes later
I understand. Thank you so much doctor. She just texted me, telling me that she's now spotting. So hopefully, if telling the truth, her menstrual cycle is in fact starting.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.. it seems to have started.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Chasemicronpersel8,
Thanks for the information
Most possibly yes (provided she is telling truth) her menstrual period have started and you have escaped this time.
Please be careful in future. If you are steady with the relationship, let her start using either IUD or oral contraceptive after her periods... whatever her gynecologist advises or use double protection (condom &spermicidal creamy the girl) during sexual intercourse.
Hope that helps.
Please grade the answer before you close the query.
Thanks.