Hello. I suffered a puncture wound to my cheek bone

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Sun, 10 Mar 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello. I suffered a puncture wound to my cheek bone approximately 1” below my right eye. It happened while trimming branches from my palm tree. This happened 4 days ago. My cheekbone is still sore to the touch but there is no discoloring and it is not black and blue. But every morning when I wake up my right eye is extremely puffy under my eye, in the corner next to my nose and looks like it is filled with fluid. This subsides after about a couple hours but still remains slightly puffy. I have been applying ice to speed up the process but I have to say that I look like a frog for a little while. There is no pain associated with the puffiness, it is not warm to the touch nor is it red. What causes this and will it eventually go away? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It will heal in 2 weeks

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think that this is post-injury inflammation and it will subside in 2 weeks time. You can apply ice to fasten recovery. You can also use NSAID like Tylenol or Brufen pain relief.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D