Hello, I suffer from depression and insomnia since many years

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2015
Dec 2015

Psychologist
Question
I suffer from depression and insomnia since many years ago. I'm currently taking medications. However, I've been advised to take therapy.
Could you help me?
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more information

Detailed Answer:
Dear Legurrerom
Thanks for the question
I can understand.

Depression is a neuro chemical disorder. therefore the treatment is always a combination of medicines and psychotherapy techniques and continuous counseling.

There are several kinds of psychotherpies. For depression we usually employ Depression-centered Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (DCCBT).

To determine which therapy you need for your depression, I will need more information about you, your general attitudes, your hobbies, your job, friends, family, your daily routine, general behavior patterns, exercise and physical activity patters etc.

Secondly I also need your attitude towards depression, knowledge about depression, your past and present symptoms of depression, do you find relief in depression symptoms after taking medicines etc. Also include any information which you feel relevant.

We can work together to clear your depression. Take care